Friday, February 18, 2011

Skaw-betty Oatmeal

"Momma, I want skaw-betty oatmeal"..those are the first words Isaac said to me this morning. Now this isn't anything new, he asks for (strawberry oatmeal) most mornings. Today however, I decided it should be something else I blogged about. There have been so many incredibly cute words my children have used and sadly the list of those words that I remember has decreased.

Two year old chatter is one of the major things I love about motherhood. You never know what may come out of there mouth. Some of those words are said everyday that when the day comes and they say the correct word my heart breaks just a tiny bit. Nolan's favorite breakfast when he was smaller was "Pan-pakes", we would wake up to him standing beside our bedding ordering "I want pan-pakes and a sippy cup of milk". The poor child went through about a year of life smelling like a lumber jake (I can only imagine this) but he smellled like syrup all the time!

As I have sat and reflected on the breakfast related words my children used, I am very sad to say that I can't for the life of me remember any that Collin may have said. Collin was different than my 2nd two boys. He wouldn't speak unless he was saying the word correctly. His words had small pauses in between just to make sure he was pronouncing the words right. In fact, the first big word he said was "Calculator" when he was 1. He would walk around with the calculator in his hands saying "Cal-cu-la-tor", he even sounded a bit like Dexter from "Dexter's Laboratory". Having calculator for his first big word completely fits Collin :)

These have been my thoughts this morning. Cute little things that are said. I want to remember these things as they grow. What makes me even sadder is knowing that Isaac is nearing 3 years old now, so I know that the cute phrases should be cherished because they won't last forever.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....that is so cute! I love hearing their interpretation of words too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete